#Over #50s #Car #Insurance #- #Get #a #Quote #Today, #Age #Co #(formerly #Age #UK)
Cheap car insurance for women over 40
Over 50s Car Insurance
Or call FREE on: 0800 323 4437** 0800 323 4437**
- Protecting your No Claims Discount is included as standard***
- No upper age limit, unlike other providers
- No hidden fees
- Guaranteed courtesy car for comprehensive cover customers^
- Award-winning service†
- ‘Get you home service’ after an accident – up to £250
Age Co Car Insurance is designed with the over 50s in mind, and includes comprehensive, third-party fire and theft, and third-party only cover. Plus, with a whole range of added benefits and optional extras available, you can choose cover that’s right for you, from an award-winning service provider.†
- Permanently fitted audio equipment is protected under comprehensive and third-party fire and theft policies only
- Our ‘Get You Home Service’ will ensure you arrive home or to your planned destination if your car is not roadworthy after an accident (comprehensive cover only) – up to £250
- Unlimited windscreen cover (comprehensive cover only)
- Optional key protection cover
- Optional excess protection cover
- Optional motor legal protection cover; provided by Arc Legal Assistance Limited
- Motor breakdown cover is also available; provided by Call Assist Ltd
- European cover for up to 180 days a year, so that you can make the most of exploring the Continent during your retirement years
- 5 Star Defaqto rated – the highest rating possible
- Accredited the Feefo Gold Trusted Merchant
Plus, you can also start saving straight away! If you move to Age Co Car Insurance and cancel your current insurance, you’ll be refunded any cancellation fees that your current insurer charges – up to £55.‡‡ Simply download and return the cancellation charge refund form. Please check that Age Co Car Insurance will cover your car and what you will be charged by your current insurer before cancelling your existing policy.
If you’re an Age Co Car or Travel Insurance customer read our article on the impacts of a ‘no-deal’ Brexit.
Summary of cover
In addition to this summary of cover, please refer to the policy booklet for terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Age Co Car Insurance also offers Third-Party Fire & Theft and Third-Party only cover – terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions for these cover types can be found in the policy booklet
£100 excess. Up to £500.
Significant exclusions and limitations
- All loss or damage arising from malicious damage, vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft when no-one is in the car unless all its doors and windows are closed and locked
- All loss or damage arising from malicious damage, vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft when no-one is in the car unless all keys or devices used to lock the car are removed from it
- Extra costs due to parts or replacements not being available in the UK
- Caused by a person known to you taking the car without your permission
- Caused by deception
- Use outside the UK
- A car registered outside the UK
- If your car is disposed of or damaged beyond economical repair
- All loss or damage when no-one is in the car unless all its doors and windows are closed and locked
- All loss or damage when no-one is in the car unless all keys or devices used to lock the car are removed from it
- Money, business goods and telephones
- Sun roof and hood mechanisms
- Windows and windscreens unless made of glass
- Caravans, trailer tents, horseboxes, vehicle transporters, tipping trailers and food bars
- No cover if unattached
Policy options and extras
- Provides up to £100,000 of legal costs that can be used in the event of an accident that is not your fault and where a third party can be identified to claim for uninsured losses and personal injuries
- For any claim to be pursued there must be more than a 50% chance of success
- Any costs incurred before the insurer appoints a solicitor will not be covered.
- Within the core motor insurance policy replacement keys and locks following loss or theft of car keys are covered up to £500 and an excess of £100 would be payable. This Key Protection cover also includes other keys, such as home and office. No limit on the number of claims subject to a maximum of £1,500 in the policy year including VAT
- Lost or stolen keys must be reported to the police and a crime reference number obtained
- Some claims will require you to pay for the replacement of keys/locks and then seek reimbursement.
- Excess Protection will reimburse you the excess you pay following a vehicle theft, fire or fault claim
- Claims for glass are excluded
- Excess can only be reimbursed if it’s not recoverable from a third party
- You can make up to 2 claims per policy year subject to a limit of £500 per claim.
What you need to buy
- Registration number
- Make/Model type
- Annual mileage – an estimate
Driver/s Details (Main and Additional):
- Name and Address (including postcode)
- Date of birth
- Type of licence and number of years held
- Any driving conviction details for the last 5 years for all drivers
- Any past motor claims by all drivers in the last 5 years
- No Claims Discount – number of years
- Policy start date
- Third-party insurance is not always cheaper than comprehensive and it may cost you more in the long run. If you are involved in a crash with an uninsured driver and if you are unable to prove the other party is liable for the crash you would end up paying the repair bill for your vehicle.
- Always contact the DVLA and your motor insurance company if you develop any medical conditions that could impair your ability to drive. Otherwise you may find yourself not insured and facing a fine. To find out more, please visit www.gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the impacts of a ‘no-deal’ Brexit for Age Co customers?
What are the benefits of opting for over 50s car insurance?
Who is eligible for Age Co Car Insurance and can young drivers be included on the policy?
How can I pay?
Alternatively, you can pay monthly at a 17.7% APR Represenative.
Will I have to pay any additional charges or fees once I have paid the premium?
Some providers charge ‘hidden admin fees’, which can include adjustment, cancellation fees and duplicate document fees.
With Age Co Car Insurance there are no hidden admin fees. There are also no fees for policy amendments, cancelling your policy or requesting duplicate copies of your policy documents. An additional premium will only be requested if you make any changes that increase your level of risk. An example of this would be adding an additional driver. Where the changes amount to less than £10, a request for additional payment will not be made, nor a refund issued.
What is ‘No-Claims Discount’?
This is a discount on your car insurance premium. You can receive this if you have not made any claims against your policy, or if you have made a claim and your insurer has made a full recovery of costs from the Third Party. This discount grows with time based on the number of years you have been claims free.
Can I protect my ‘No-Claims Discount’?
You will automatically be given Protected No Claims Discount if you have at least four years No Claims Discount and have not made more than 1 fault claim in the past 3 years. No Claims Discount Protection allows you to have up to two claims in three years without affecting your No Claims Discount. It does not protect the overall price of your insurance policy. The price of your insurance policy may increase following an accident even if you were not at fault. Other factors can also increase the price of your policy.
What is Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE)?
The Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) legislation was introduced in England, Scotland and Wales to help ensure all motor vehicles are either insured or declared as ‘off road’ using a Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN). If you don’t use your car on the roads, for example, if you keep it in a garage during the winter months, then you will not need to insure your vehicle, but you must inform the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and obtain a SORN. Otherwise you may receive a fine, a court prosecution, or your car may be clamped, seized and disposed of.
What should I do if I have an accident?
Will I get a courtesy car during repairs?
With comprehensive cover, you will be entitled to a courtesy car in the event of an accident, or once the vehicle has been recovered following a theft, whilst repairs are being carried out by an approved repairer. A courtesy car will also be provided for up to 14 days should your car be stolen or written off.
Are the repairs guaranteed?
All repairs are guaranteed for up to three years, provided that they are carried out by an approved repairer.
Is Motor Legal Protection cover available?
You can take out Motor Legal Protection cover, which includes a 24/7 legal helpline, for an extra cost. This is designed to protect you against compensation for personal injury when you are not at fault or to defend a motoring prosecution brought against you. You can also obtain legal advice and assistance to pursue your claim for uninsured losses. This might include your policy excess, loss of earnings, car hire changes or additional travel expenses.
Is Motor Breakdown cover available?
You can add Motor Breakdown cover for an additional cost or can buy this separately. This cover is provided by Call Assist Ltd. You’ll be covered for roadside assistance, vehicle recovery, and you’re even covered at home if your car won’t start.
What if i change my mind and want to cancel my car insurance policy?
If you are not satisfied with your policy you can cancel at any time over the phone or in writing at no additional cost. You will only be charged for the time you have been on cover, unless a claim has been made. If a claim has been made you will need to pay the full annual premium.
How do I renew my policy?
You will be written to in good time before your renewal date with the full details of your renewal. If you are paying by direct debit instalments your policy will automatically renew. Should you not wish to renew, you can cancel by phoning us on 0345 128 7915.
What about third party insurance?
Third party insurance is the absolute minimum level of cover you are required to have by law before driving a car. Should you have an accident and cause damage or injure another driver their costs will be covered, but you and your car will not be covered. Third-party insurance is not always cheaper than comprehensive and it may cost you more in the long run.
Get in touch
Get started online
Call for free
Learn more by post
Age UK Enterprises are always committed to providing good customer service. If you buy a product from Age UK Enterprises, you may be contacted by our partners Feefo on our behalf to find out about your buying experience.
^ In the event of an accident or when recovered damaged following a theft, and if repairs are carried out by an approved repairer. A courtesy car will also be provided for up to 14 days if your vehicle is stolen or written off.
† Awarded Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award 2018 for car insurance.
‡‡ No Claims Discount can be affected by cancelling cover mid-term. The cancellation fee refund of up to £55 will be made up to 60 days after the request is received together with a confirmation letter from your existing insurer. This letter should state that your policy has been cancelled, and the cancellation charge amount. The original documents should not be sent, only a copy. Your copy will not be returned. The refund will be paid to you by cheque. This offer only applies to new car insurance policies bought over the phone, online, or via an Age UK office before 31 December 2018. Refund forms must be received within 60 days of the Age Co Car Insurance policy start date. This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time. In the event of the offer being withdrawn only policies purchased before the withdrawal date will be honoured. The refund will not be paid if the Age Co Car Insurance policy has been cancelled within 14 days of the policy start date. Only one administrative/cancellation fee claim can be made per policy. Payment can only be made to the policyholder identified on the policy documents. Your full premium may be taken if your policy is cancelled mid term. Pro rata refunds differ from company to company. Cancellation notice periods differ from insurer to insurer and can take up to seven days. Please check with your existing insurer before cancelling and setting up an Age Co policy. Terms and Conditions apply. The decision of Age UK Enterprises Limited in regards to this promotion is final.
^^ Details are available on request.
Age UK Enterprises Limited trades under the trading name Age Co Insurance Services. Age UK Enterprises Limited is a trading subsidiary company of Age UK (registered charity, no. 1128267) and donates its net profits to Age UK. Products offered by Age Co Insurance Services are arranged by Age UK Enterprises Limited and arranged and administered by Ageas Retail Limited, both of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Ageas Retail Limited Registered office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA. Registered in England and Wales 1324965. FS Register number: 312468. Age UK Enterprises Limited Registered office: Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9NA. Registered in England and Wales 3156159. FS Register number: 311438.
Call Assist Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Registered Company No: 3668383. Registered Office address: Axis Court, North Station Road, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1UX. Call Assist Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register No: 304838