#group health insurance
Group Health Insurance
As an employer, you know benefits such as health insurance can attract the best and brightest to your company.
The problem with providing health insurance for your workforce is the cost. Health care costs are rising all for everyone for physicians, insurance companies, and consumers. But that doesn t mean there aren t any affordable options available. It s actually easier to find affordable group health insurance coverage than you might think.
Businesses of all sizes have a variety of group health plans to choose from. These plans range from comprehensive group health coverage to consumer-directed savings plans.
Let s take a look at your group health insurance options.
Compare Health Insurance Quotes Today!
Find your health insurance plan today.
Consumer-Directed Group Health Insurance
Consumer-directed health insurance plans are becoming a popular choice among small and large businesses. They re called consumer-directed because the policyholders take control of their health care dollars. These plans feature low monthly costs for you and your employee, along with tax-advantaged savings.
What are some consumer-directed group health insurance plans?
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Plans. An HSA is a bank account where you and your employees can contribute tax-free income to be used for almost any health-related cost. If savings aren t used, the funds roll over to the next year and they build interest. Alongside an HSA, your employees will have catastrophic coverage with a high-deductible health plan which features low monthly premiums to fit your budget.
The most common plan compatible with an HSA is a managed care PPO with a high deductible. If you want to add an extra benefit for your employee, you can also contribute to a worker s Health Savings Account.
One major difference from an HSA: in a cafeteria plan, the money contributed toward benefits does not roll over it has to be spent the same year it s deposited.
With a consumer-directed group health insurance plan, you can afford to provide your employees with the health benefits they want.
Comprehensive Group Health Insurance
If you re looking for comprehensive group health insurance coverage, what are your most affordable options? Managed care group health insurance plans.
Managed care plans create networks of doctors, specialists, hospitals, and other health care professionals who provide discounted medical care. For you and your workers, that means lower monthly premiums, copayments, and coinsurance.
Here are the most common managed care group health insurance plans:
- A PPO or Preferred Provider Organization provides comprehensive health benefits from an extensive network of care providers. When your employees receive care from in-network doctors, they ll save money. But they also will have coverage with any physicians or specialists even if they re not in the preferred network. PPO plans with a high deductible are also compatible with Health Savings Accounts.
- An HMO or Health Maintenance Organization is one of the most affordable group health insurance options available. Your employees must go to doctors within the network and choose a primary care physician, but HMO networks typically include thousands of health care professionals in your state.
- A POS or Point of Service group plan is a combination of the HMO and PPO. You ll choose a primary care physician, as you would in an HMO. But you won t have to get a referral for specialist care. Your employees will have group health insurance coverage with both in and out-of-network doctors and hospitals, just like a PPO.
To learn more and find out which kind of group health insurance plans are best for your business, get free quotes to connect with a professional agent.
A Healthier Workforce
When your employees are healthy, your business is healthy. That s why it s important to promote healthy lifestyles for your workforce.
How can you help keep your employees active in staying healthy?
- Look for discounts to gyms and fitness centers.
- Provide programs for quitting smoking, managing weight, and managing chronic illness such as asthma or diabetes.
- Choose healthier snack and beverage options for your vending machines.
- Lead by example practice healthier habits yourself.
Another key to keeping a healthier workforce is preventive care. Encourage your team to go in for routine doctor s check-ups and physicals. Preventive care can detect and treat illnesses before they turn into serious and expensive health conditions.
Providing coverage for preventive care now can save your business big bucks down the road. And for many group health insurance plans, adding preventive care won t put too much of a dent in your bottom line.
Exploring Your Group Health Insurance Options
By exploring different group health insurance plans from multiple leading health insurance companies, you ll be able to compare rates and benefits to find the right coverage for your business.
You can view plans from the top names in group health insurance right here. You can also see which plans are available in your state.
Where can you find most valuable resource for health insurance information? With a professional agent. They can help assess your business situation to figure out which group plan will be best for your employees and your budget.
When you use our service at GoHealthInsurance.com, licensed agents representing leading carriers will provide you with free quotes.
Just tell us a bit about your business with this secure form. and we ll match you with agents who can help you find the right group health insurance. Getting connected is absolutely free. There s no risk and you have no obligation to buy anything.